Last Modified: February 8, 2023
- On the OnlineMedEd service.
- Via telephone or other voice enabled devices.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Company.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our service. We do not control the privacy practices of others.
Children Under the Age of 13 - No one under the age of 13 may provide information to us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It – We collect information related to you through your use of our service, including through cookies and other such technologies, through your posting of User Contributions, and from our third party partners.
How We Use Your Information - We process your personal information only with your consent or as needed to provide you our service.
Disclosure of Your Information – We may disclose your information in a de-identified and aggregated manner, and otherwise to comply with law, operate and protect our business, our customers, or other vital, public or legitimate interests.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information – We provide "Unsubscribe" links and other resource to help you control our use of your personal information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information - You can access, review, change, delete or download a copy of your personal information by visiting your account profile page or contacting us via the contact information below.
Data Security & Transfer – We protect your information using standard technical and organizational measures. You are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US.
Data Retention – We will retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, maintain accurate accounting, financial and other operational records, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights – A notice for California residents.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our service are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our service or on or through any of its features, register on our service, make any purchases through our service, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our service, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information related to users of our service which may identify or be reasonably capable of being associated with an identifiable individual or household ("personal information"), including information such as:
- Your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- Your financial information provided when placing an order through our service; and
- Details about your Internet connection, browser information, IP addresses, the equipment you use to access our service, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- When you fill out web forms, including when registering to use our service, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services;
- When you report a problem with our service;
- From records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- From your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- From your search queries on our service;
- From transactions you carry out through our service and from the fulfillment of your orders;
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of our service, or transmitted to other users of our service or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own discretion and risk, and you should carefully consider what information you post through our service, especially if it is or includes any sensitive information. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not ensure that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Tracking Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our service, we may use automatic data tracking and collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our service, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our service; and
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This information helps us to improve our service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our service according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the "Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information" section below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our service and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our service or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our service.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We also may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose de-identified, aggregated information about our users, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- In connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s stocks or assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, and other legitimate interests.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Information concerning your usage of our service and your progress using our study materials ("Course Performance Information") may be disclosed to third parties such as educational institutions, professors, and product development partners for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, analyzing and improving exam passage rates and for the development of new products and services. To the extent an educational institution (e.g., your medical school) collects and maintains Course Performance Information, that information may be considered an educational record under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act ("FERPA"), 20 USC § 1232(g). If so, you may have certain rights of access and confidentiality as to those educational records, if any, as a student of that institution. By accessing and using our service, you consent to allow free exchange of Course Performance Information between us and/or Thinkific and your educational institution.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You can use the following mechanisms to control your information:
- Site Usage Tracking Technologies. We employ technologies, such as Google Analytics, that allow us to record how you engage with our service. This includes, without limitation, clicks on various elements, length of time spent on specific pages, and mouse movements. This information is used solely for the purpose of improving our service. You can learn more about Google Analytics and your options for opting out of interest-based Google ads at https://adssettings.google.com
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of any related e-mail. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may have the right to (i) access certain personal information we maintain about you, (ii) request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, (iii) request that we update or correct inaccuracies in that information, (iv) object to our use of your personal information, (v) ask us to block or delete your personal information from our database, and (vi) request to download the information you have shared on the Website.
We will retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, maintain accurate accounting, financial and other operational records, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We determine the appropriate retention period for personal information on the basis of the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information being processed, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the personal information, whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, and on the basis of applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
After expiration of the applicable retention periods, your personal information will be deleted.
Data Security & Transfer
We have implemented technological and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers using industry-standard security measures. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We limit access to and use of your personal information to authorized persons and trusted third parties who have a reasonable need to know the information in order to perform our services and business operations and who are bound by confidentiality obligations.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards, chat rooms, and comments and feedback sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed, collected, used, or disseminated by any user of the Website, including to send you unsolicited information and advertising.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of your personal information transmitted to our service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention by others of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We make no claim that the Website is appropriate or lawful for use or access outside the United States. Furthermore, many of our databases, and those of our providers, are located in the United States. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information from your location to the United States. You are solely responsible for complying with all local and other applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct and access to the Website. By sending us your information, you further consent to its storage within the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us or write to us as described herein.
Moreover, we are required by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”) to provide this CPRA Notice to California residents to explain how we collect, use and share their personal information, and the rights and choices we offer California residents regarding our handling of their personal information, which the CPRA currently defines as “information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.”
- California Privacy Rights: To the extent provided for by law and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the personal information we collect:
- Right to request access to information about categories of personal information Company has collected about you, specific pieces of personal information Company has collected about you, categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information, and categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- Right to request deletion of any personal information collected about you by us.
- Right to opt-out of the sale of personal information or the sharing or personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. Please note that we do not sell personal information we collect from you nor do we share it for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes, in accordance with the applicable definitions in the CPRA and its supplemental regulations.
- Right against discrimination because you exercised the rights available to you.
- Right to protection against waiver of rights.
- Right to correct any inaccurate personal information.
- Right to restrict sensitive personal information processing.
You can exercise the rights described above, by sending an email to email@example.com. You may exercise these rights by yourself or via an authorized agent who meets the agency requirements of CPRA. Once you exercise your rights, you agree to receive communication from us seeking information from you in order to verify your identity as the consumer from whom we have collected the personal information and such other information as reasonably required to enable us to fulfill your request. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify that you are the consumer from whom we collected personal information, as well as sufficient details necessary to help us handle the request.
How to Contact Us. You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on where you are located, you may also have a right to complain to your local data protection regulator.